Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Laugh of the Day

Set-Up: On a venue tour of the Sydney State Theatre, for a class project, with a few classmates and mostly old women who were on the tour for fun.

Old Lady: (talking to another old lady as we were entering a gentleman's lounge area, outside of the men's toilets) I have never seen the inside of so many men's bathrooms in my life!
Me: Oh, you haven't lived then!
Old Lady: ...
Me: (laughing nervously) Just kidding!
Old Lady: (laughing politely)
Jackie: She's American, Texan actually... So...
Old Lady: (relieved) Oh... (laughing like it all made sense now)

Huh? Is that what Australian grandmas think of Texans? Also, why was I making sexual bathroom jokes to old strangers? :)

PS- I just got back from the chilly city of Melbourne. I will blog about it as soon as I upload my pics and get the energy to do anything other than read "Twilight" (... kill me now!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KLASSY! =)