Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Sydney Bridge Run

Last weekend I did the impossible, or at least very improbable. I participated in the Sydney Bridge Run and completed the longest distance, timed run of my life- 9K!! (...pause, to wait for standing ovation).

Liv and I ran together and completed with a time of 1hr, 6mins! Check out my official time here, I placed number 9907. Sweet As! We only walked two times for like two minutes each. I would've walked much more, but Liv wouldn't let me. Which was good because my goal time was an hour and a half, and my secret goal was an hour fifteen. So I basically killed both of those times. And I even got a fancy schmancy medal. Here we are after the run.
It was actually a really amazing route. We started on the other side of the harbour at Milson's Point and they closed traffic on the bridge so we ran over the water.
You know on movies when it is the end of the world and everyone on the highway gets out of their cars to see whats going on? It was kinda like that, spooky almost. And Liv wasn't wearing any headphones, and she said it was really quiet even with thousands of people around. Creepy! The run finished at the Opera House and afterward everyone hung out in the recovery village in the Botanic Gardens. For awhile, Liv and I watched the marathon finishers. How can anyone possibly run that long... 42K and some took up to six hours!! Wowza!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Mon!! That's awesome! Plus, you look so cute in the picture - I wish I could have run it with you, it looks so beautiful.

Hey, so are you starting to think about 2010 plans? When will I ever see you again? Email me sometime..

Unknown said...

You're hot!

AD said...

Awesome, so proud of you!! That time is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Fast lane
High speed
On the grind
24/7
No time
Always runnin' here and there
Chasin' the money
So much jibber jabbers
Cloggin' up our soul

Where are we runnin'
We need some time to clear our heads
Where are we runnin'
Keep on working 'til we're dead
Where are we runnin'
Oo wee oo wee oo
Where are we runnin' now

- Lenny Kravitz