I've just put Lisa in a cab and she is off to the airport- back to Texas. We've just had a great 10 days together and did lots of stuff which I will blog about soon enough. But first, I think I should warn you about something... my accent has changed... apparently!
My roommate, Will, always tells me that I am starting to sound like an Australian, but I never believed him. That is until Lisa told me I sound weird. What?!? Specifically she said that I only sound weird when I ask questions. Like I put the emphasis on the wrong words or syllables. I dunno... but I do NOT want to have some creepy wanna-be faux accent. How do I change back? What if I've forgotten my regular voice and can never get it back to me? Who am I?
This is us on Lisa's first day in Sydney. Not sure why we were taking an engagement pic here, but pretty good for just getting off an 18 hour flight... me not so much! Eeek! :)
My roommate, Will, always tells me that I am starting to sound like an Australian, but I never believed him. That is until Lisa told me I sound weird. What?!? Specifically she said that I only sound weird when I ask questions. Like I put the emphasis on the wrong words or syllables. I dunno... but I do NOT want to have some creepy wanna-be faux accent. How do I change back? What if I've forgotten my regular voice and can never get it back to me? Who am I?

1 comment:
funny cuz it does look like an engagement picture. also, i noticed the accent thing too the other day when you called. but actually i may have been dreaming that. my days are starting to run together
Post a Comment