Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So Long Suckers

Jackie, Ashleigh and I wanted to do something special to commemorate the end of school and the beginning of the end of life together in Sydney. Sad! So we planned a weekend away which I tastefully called "So Long Suckers Weekend"- the girls hated the name at first, but of course it stuck. :) Jackie's aunt has a beach house about three hours north of Sydney, which is where we spent a very fun relaxing weekend away. We were very excited to chill on the beach and soak in some sun. Jackie knew of one beach close by, I think its called Boomerang Beach, that was supposed to be really beautiful. So we hiked down to it and as soon as we set foot on the sand, we saw naked people everywhere. Turns out it was a nude beach... so when in Rome.... JUST KIDDING! We did stay there, but we set up our stuff next to the clothed people, and kept our on... but of course we still looked. I finally got to swim in an Australian ocean... and it only took ten months after I arrived. Every other time I've been to the beach it was always too cold to get in. This time however, me and Ash decided we would not "toe test" the water, and instead just run in and not stop until we were halfway under. It was a bit cold, but once the waves almost drowned us and forced us under it was pleasantly cool.

Now not only have I officially gotten rid of the stress from exams week, but I have a nice base tan and great memories with great friends. So Long Suckers!!

3 comments:

AD said...

YAY congrats Sucka!

Unknown said...

woohoo for finally hitting the beach! did thoughts of box jellyfish or sharks enter your mind? i feel like i woulda been too scared to go in. Maybe being horrified by all the naked people, i would have forgetten my fears?

Unknown said...

Finally got to catch up on your blogs! Can't wait to see you again soon!