Anywho, back to studying- three exams to go until freedom...
Sunday, November 15, 2009
While I Should Have Been Studying...
I checked out a new art exhibit along the beach walk between Bondi and Tamarama beaches, called "Sculpture by the Sea". The weather has been perfect these days and the beach walk alone is amazing, but with cool art to look at its even more awesome. Here are some if my favorite pieces of art:
This one was a gigantic straw coming out of the ocean. Most of the other visitors took pictures of themselves in the foreground drinking from the straw in the background... typical! So I decided to be different and not take one, but I regret it now.
This one was actually much more impressive in real life. The shoe trail started behind where I took this picture it included 200 pairs of shoes and trailed off the cliff.
I liked this one because the eyes were really life-like and they stared out into the ocean. Also, you could see the eyes coming out of this rock cliff from really far away and it was slightly creepy.
When I saw this one I stared at it for a long time pondering why the artist chose that particular time. Like maybe at 5:01 something really important happened in his or her life... I wonder what it was. Or maybe it was totally random.
I found the carpark, but not the other one. This artist had a lot of signs, like this one, all along the exhibit and each said interesting or insightful, but this one was my favorite.
This piece drew a huge audience, it was a disproportionally tall naked boy afterall. I'd even heard about this one before I'd gotten there because I guess there had been some controversy over it. People felt it was inappropriate and I'd heard that the artist was asked to put shorts on the boy, but I guess not on this day. It was an amazingly life-like... but still how can art make me feel so weirded out?
Anywho, back to studying- three exams to go until freedom...
Anywho, back to studying- three exams to go until freedom...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Creepy! Even creepier that you are in that pic WITH the naked boy LOL! I like the straw, very cool.
Miss you!
wow, that naked boy CREEPS ME OUT! haha.....great art though!
naked boy reminds me of honey i shrunk the kids movie, ya know - the sequel. when the kid got real big? Anyone? you know you watched and loved it!
we went on that beach tour from Bondi to Tamarama! Too bad you didn't go for the touristy straw picture. Instead you went for the touristy not-at-all-weird naked-boy picture. =) Also, the shoes look interesting. Reminds me of that cliff across the harbor that we went to...
Post a Comment