Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Australian House Party

My Australian friend, Gabi, invited me and Jackie to a house party in her 'hood this weekend. Actually, I think we maybe invited ourselves... but we have been wanting to meet more Australians and to get out of Sydney. She lives in a suburb an hour outside of the city called, Campbelltown.

This party was a dress-up/ costume party (FYI- From what I can tell Australians are in love with dress-up parties). Unfortunately, I had no time to get an outfit before the party because it was a crazy week, so Gabi said she had some random costume stuff at her house that I could borrow. I ended up wearing regular clothes and she had a pirate bandanna and sword, so I guess was kinda a pirate, but not really.
Anyway, the party was fun... Apparently having a funny accent, like I do, really helps at parties where you don't know anyone. Who knew being American was such a novelty?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha. We should do more dress up parties when you come back. P.S. I can't believe how long you've been gone! Miss you!