Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Room in 204D

I haven't yet show you guys any pics of my place, and since there's not much going on today to blog about, I figured I'd make your day and do just that. I'll just show you my room for now... the rest of the flat is pretty messy so I'll save that for another day.I have to swipe my student card four times before I can get to my room. Once to get into the building, again in the elevator to ride to level 2, again at my front door to get into flat 204, and finally at my bedroom door- 204D. So its very secure, the only problem is I am constantly nervous that I have forgotten or lost my card and will be locked out.Once you get inside its a pretty average student room, small (probably 10x20 ft) but basically all I do there is sleep, so can't complain too much. Lets take a closer look...My bed is a twin, or "single" as its called in Australia, which is weird because I haven't had a twin bed since forever! So I can't really move around too much when I'm sleeping or I will roll out of bed. On the plus side, my gigantic luggage does fit underneath, and I have some extra storage down there too.This is my "home office". I don't actually do much studying here though, because every time I try to I get easily distracted by the Internet or my flatmates. The back wall, behind the door, is my closet with mirrored doors and the left side has drawers and shelves. Please excuse the dirty clothes in the corner. The right side of the closet has my hung clothes and shoes. Perhaps I need to add a little color to my wardrobe...?And finally I have a small bookshelf where I basically keep everything else. Perhaps I went a little overboard, with my reading materials, when preparing for my trip here...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it. Just wanted to say hi!

AD said...

Look how organized you are, no surprise there! Did you "style" the room before the photos were taken, love it! Miss you bunches

Unknown said...

HA! I love that you have perezhilton.com pulled up on your computer. Can't miss out on that celebrity gossip.

Unknown said...

haha! I thought it was perez hilton too, I just couldn't be sure. so funny that you pulled up a website in preparation for taking a picture of your desk. dorkus! also, way too many australia books. I've been reading "in a sunburnt country" too and have been really loving it. how far did you get in the book anyway?