Saturday, April 25, 2009

Anzac Day

Okay I got bored of the whole "$40 a Day" thing... especially since I haven't been doing much lately to blog about. Oh, and the other day I went to happy hour, in Manly with Jason, and I am pretty sure that I spent well over my daily allowance, so we'll forget about that for now...

Today is Anzac Day which is
Australia's most important national occasion. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War. I went out this afternoon planning on doing some shopping, but the street was closed off for the Anzac parade, so I stood and watched for awhile. And what do you know... I got a little piece of home.The flag of my old home and the flag of my new home together. It made me miss Texas just for a minute. Love you guys!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

America! Woulda been more awesome if you saw a Texas Flag! Maybe you should get some country iTunes, like Pat Green's Wave on Wave.