Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Stress-City

I have been in the library for hours now! I'm trying to work on a report I have due next Monday for my Research and Applied Methods Class, and I am way beyond stressed out!

First off, the instruction sheet we were given, describing what the paper is supposed to be about, is two pages long. This report is supposed to include
a literature review over a research topic of our choosing, secondary data supporting this topic, graphs and figures created after analyzing the secondary data, a concept map which will help develop a research question, and finally we are to come up with our own research question that a future project of our topic could address. We need ten sources, of which five are published journals.

Oh, and all this is supposed to fit into a 2000 word paper... WTF?!?

Maybe this sounds like no big deal to you, but I went to UT we didn't have to write papers... I only know how to take multiple choice questions tests.
I feel totally overwhelmed and of course I left it to the last minute.

I decided to write about the "Impacts of the Olympic Games", so I have been reading all about the economic, social, environmental, cultural, and political impacts of the Games, but I feel like I am still exactly where I started. Plus I have started to go cross-eyed from staring at the computer screen, and I think I am going to need Botox to correct the permanent furrowed brow that I've developed today.

Uhh.... What the heck do research methods have to do with Event Management? Isn't that what I'm in school for? Can't I just plan an amazing "Olympics themed" party for my teacher? I hate papers and I hate this class!!

Okay now I'm done venting... I guess I should go get some work done. Either that or I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning surrounded by Macca wrappers and empty cans of Tooheys New.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with ya on the multiple choice tests from UT. Hah. Also, Macca and Tooheys New... interesting