Even though the Manly Ferry takes about 30 minutes from Circular Quay, and the last ferry back to the city is at midnight (which I missed), I have to say Manly is a pretty cool place. It seems to be much more laid back than the city- very much the beach life atmosphere. We went to a bunch of different bars on the water and along the main strip. One place we went had a casino area and Jason insisted on playing slot machines, or rather a specific slot machine that had been lucky for him in the past. But I guess I was bad-luck because I'm pretty sure he lost $100.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
My Trip to Manly
Apparently Manly, a beach city on the northern shore, is one of Sydney's most popular seaside destinations. And I am lucky enough to know someone who lives there. My friend Jason, who I used to work with at Insight, was transferred to Sydney for work and I met up with him on Saturday.
Even though the Manly Ferry takes about 30 minutes from Circular Quay, and the last ferry back to the city is at midnight (which I missed), I have to say Manly is a pretty cool place. It seems to be much more laid back than the city- very much the beach life atmosphere. We went to a bunch of different bars on the water and along the main strip. One place we went had a casino area and Jason insisted on playing slot machines, or rather a specific slot machine that had been lucky for him in the past. But I guess I was bad-luck because I'm pretty sure he lost $100.
My favorite part about going to Manly was that I finally got to see a beach and even put my toes in the ocean. It was night time so the view wasn't great, but the next day we drove past the water and even went to North Head which is incredible because it looks over the harbour on one side and then the pacific ocean on the other. It was really cool and lots of fun!
Even though the Manly Ferry takes about 30 minutes from Circular Quay, and the last ferry back to the city is at midnight (which I missed), I have to say Manly is a pretty cool place. It seems to be much more laid back than the city- very much the beach life atmosphere. We went to a bunch of different bars on the water and along the main strip. One place we went had a casino area and Jason insisted on playing slot machines, or rather a specific slot machine that had been lucky for him in the past. But I guess I was bad-luck because I'm pretty sure he lost $100.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You're missing American idol...and last week they sang MoTown. One of my fav songs was a verson of Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get it On". Just wanted to give you an update!
On a completely separate note, if you missed the ferry at midnight, where'd you sleep??
LOL, good question Matty!
Awesome Matty.
I think Monica might have put a couple quarters in the Manly SlOt Machines, too!
Paul... not you too!
Ya'll are all jerks! And just because you get so wasted that pass out at someones house doesn't mean... whatever you are implying! Rude!
Post a Comment