Yesterday I went to a welcome reception at the Opera House with Inga. It was for international students at my uni (UTS) and also from University of Sydney and University of New South Wales. It was pretty cool because it was inside the Opera House in this reception area that overlooked the Harbour. And at one point we even snuck into the concert hall to take pictures.
After some appetizers, champagne and chatting with other students, Inga and I decided to go to the Opera Bar, which was is right next to the Opera House and on the water. What a perfect night! The weather was great, albeit a little windy. And we watched the sun set over the Harbour Bridge while drinking wine and eating oysters. We had great conversation and lots of laughs.
Of course I should mention that on the way back, Inga threw up in the train and then fell asleep on me, but everything before that was exellent. Ha! Also when I got back to my flat my roommates were going out and invited me along. So I got to hang out with Will and Jen for the first time outside the flat. So... life is good!

1 comment:
oh yay! This post made me happy. Glad you're having fun!
Post a Comment