Even though I moved into my student housing a week ago, it wasn't until this weekend that I met all of my flatmates. I haven't really had the opportunity to hang out with them much, but heres what I know so far:
Will: Aussie, in his first year studying Engineering. He just turned 20, today actually, and he seems to be quite the party boy. He always has new people at the apartment and the only thing in the refrigerator right now is his beer. Although he does have a baby face, I think he's cute especially with the accent. I think he was most impressed with me when I came home with some beer and he said "You're gonna be an Aussie before long, drinking those longnecks". The beer I was drinking was pretty big probably the size of two regular beers.
Ron: From Zimbabwe but has lived in Sydney most of his life, in his third year studying Medical Science. At 23, not only is he the second oldest in the apartment, but he is also the RN of the second floor. The RN, which stands for Resident Networker, is the go-to person with any issues and the person who enforces the rules. But Ron seems to be very laid back and friendly. He is the owner of the flat screen TV in our apartment and it seems like he likes to watch movies a lot. Yesterday he took out "Love Actually" and after that I knew we'd get along great.
Jen: Sydney-sider, studying Industrial Design and International Studies. Jen is 21 years old and she just came back from spending "summer break" (Dec-Feb) in Aspen. She is a ski instructor and apparently quite the world traveler. She went to school in Melbourne, took a year off before year twelve to live in Japan, since then has traveled and lived all over, in places like in Canada and the US, and after this year she is going to study abroad in Switzerland. So from what I can tell she is very much the "cool girl". Both in personality and in appearance. Maybe too cool for me! I was hoping to become friends with her, but I guess only time will tell.
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to blog about my flatmates (Clay!), but I wanted to get to know them a little better before I did. Hopefully I can get some pictures soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Quite the eclectic group? I wonder how they're describing you to their friends...
Picture please! Best time to catch them may be when they are sleeping
Melissa's comment made me LOL. Look forward to the sleeping roomate photos!
Post a Comment