Unfortunately I didn't make it to any of these pre/post events, but I did go to the parade yesterday. I went with a friend I met during orientation, her name is Inga. She lives kind of far so we decided to meet at Kings Cross train station and walk to the parade. It should be known that Kings Cross is the "Red Light District" of Sydney. And while I was waiting for Inga I couldn't help but notice the names of the stores that surrounded me, names like The Pleasure Chest and Porky's Night Club. Luckily it was daytime or else I might have felt a little over dressed compared to the scantily clad ladies that were standing in the doorways of these establishments.
So the parade started at 7:45pm, but we had to get there early to get a good spot. After getting a little lost, we made it around 5:00pm and there were already tons of people. So I bought a step stool from a street vendor because turns out everyone has something to stand on. And we claimed our spot on the corner of Oxford Street and Flinders Street, aka middle of Sydney's gayboorhood.
As I mentioned I was standing on a tiny stool which probably had a 10 inch square on top. After a few hours of standing in one spot without moving my feet, I had lost most of the feeling in my toes, legs and knees. We decided to cut out a little early and recuperate at a bar close by, and let some locals buy us beer!
Here are some pics of the parade. Unfortunately, I didn't get good pics of any hotties although there were many, but that's okay because the hottest gays I know are back home in Texas! I miss my bois!

5 comments:
wow! also, happy daylight savings. Does Australia do daylight savings?
forgot to mention that this reminds of the time we made an accidental detour through san francisco's gayborhood and there were flags along the entire street, ending in a very large monument-looking flag about the size of the one in that first picture. ahh, sweet memories
Shout out!!
Miss you too.
HAAY GAAYS! Nothing like a group of queers to make it feel like home! Love you forever!!!
Miss you Monica! Love your last post, it reminded me of the St. Patrick's day parade last year with April and Shelby.
Post a Comment