As I mentioned I have classes only two days a week, Monday and Thursday. After the scariness of my first day of classes, last Monday, I was very much relieved on Thursday after attending Event Management (5pm) and Event Creation Workshop (7pm).
These two classes seem like they are going to be a lot of fun and more along the lines of what I was expecting. In both classes the instructors are going to have guest speakers who will talk to us about events that they have managed. Some examples of these events are Elton John concert, Mardi Gras, Sports Events, etc. So I am very excited.
Plus one of the instructors is also the Director of the Australian Centre for Event Management (ACEM). This group, associated with UTS, hosts a program called "The International Event Management Summit". And our instructor said he would probably need volunteers from our class to help out at this event. Awesome right? And this year the summit will be in the Gold Coast which apparently has some of the best beaches in all of Australia.
Yay! I'm starting to get excited about school- does that make me an official nerd or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm imagining you wearing your new UTS shirt (much like the TEXAS shirts of UT), studiously writing notes and then re-copying them in better handwriting later that night. Do ya'll have school colors? School mascot? Knowing such information will help me imagine your nerdiness better. =)
Post a Comment