Sunday, March 15, 2009

Girls Night Out

Last night I went out clubbing in Sydney for the first time. I went with my friend from class, Jackie- pictured below. She's from South Africa and incidentally we have all the same classes together. She is also studying Event Management.
So, we went out with her flatmates and some of their friends. Oh and one of her roommates is actually American, from Denver- so there are other Americans here, who knew? Anyway we went out to Darling Harbour. I'd been there before during the day, but apparently at night time it turns into a huge party spot. There are so many clubs and bars all around the harbour.

I don't remember the names of the places we went to, but I do remember that I caused the group to not get into one of the clubs...typical! No actually, it was because I was wearing flip flops, or "thongs" as the door guy called them and I was all like 'Hello! You're lucky I'm wearing any underwear at all!'- Ha! So I guess I am going to have to start wearing heels again!

It was a lot of fun, the last place we went was playing old school music and we danced so long and hard that I lost one of my earrings- sucks! But a guy I was dancing with did buy me two beers so that made up for it I guess.

Here is a picture of some of the group, there were 8 of us at the beginning but people kept dropping off as the night wore on and I ended up getting home around 3am!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah, "you're lucky that I'm wearing any underwear at all." He will probably never know how true that was...

Unknown said...

I love your girls night, but I hate your Internet connection. When is high speed Internet going to be invented in Australia?