I think I may have found my favorite word, or I more precisely my favorite pronunciation in Australian English. It's nothing weird or terrific... it is simply the pronunciation of "Z". No, not "zee", but "zed". LOL!
I don't know why I love it so much, I just do! I can imagine kids in school learning the alphabet: "...T-U-V-W-X-Y and Zed". And when I was at the Moonlight Cinema in the Park (see below) somebody left their car lights on: "License plate T-R-4-Zed-2-W". It’s wonderful and love it!
Although, I must admit a close second place favorite is the pronunciation of "aluminum"... as in the foil you put on top of your left-overs. Did you know that in most countries, except the US (of course) this word has an extra "i" before the "um"? It looks like this- aluminium, and pronounced "al-loo-min-e-um". Huh? So weird, right? Loves it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
are you going to add 'zed' and 'aluminium' to dingo lingo?
Post a Comment