Hi there! Lisa told me you moved to australia for grad school- that's so cool! That's such a huge life step- I'm impressed! and proud of you. I bet you'll do fantastic and have 500 friends by week 2. Your blog is really funny- i like reading it. I'm glad you found cheap student housing- it's nice to have extra money not being wasted on rent. I hope all is well and you're having a great time. Good luck with classes! (don't let those snobby mba students make you feel bad- you're so much cooler than them and you have actual real world experience in your field- they don't know shit besides how to type into their fancy calculators)
Isn't there some kind of country code or something? Can I just write a letter with that address and drop it in the mail?? I'll put like 3 stamps on it..since it's gotta go overseas. A cheesy gordita crunch is on the way!!
I wanted to let you know that i'm driving in the car with clay and he's whining about how you don't update your blog enough. We want to hear about the roommates!
I hear this one a lot, but specifically on a commercial (aka. "advert") about insurance: "You just want a fair go..." Fair Dinkum:Often used by itself as a rhetorical question to express astonishment, as in "really?", or "you're kidding!"
After I told Will I was going to Hawaii, his response was "Fair dinkum?"
Good on ya:A phrase to denote congratulations or happiness with deeds
"Good on ya mate! You did great!" (My boss told me on my first day at work). Heaps Good: Awesome, very impressive
"I think its lame now, but the first time I went to the Royal Easter Show I thought it was heaps good" (Will, convincing me that I should go)
Fairy Floss: Cotton Candy
(I saw it on a flyer for an outdoor party thing. I didn't know what it was, but then later Jackie was talking about it too. Apparently in South Africa its called "Candy Floss".) Macca: McDonald's
"I could really go for some macca right now, I'm starved!" (Said someone in the elevator) Goon: Cheap, Boxed Wine (diminutive slang for flagon)
"Maybe we should have a goon sack on hand in case we're desperate and the bottle store is closed" (Said Jen, when we were cleaning out the kitchen shelves) Arvo: Afternoon
"See you Saturday arvo." (In an email from one of my prospective flatmates) Rip: great, or cool
"The beaches here are so much more rip than in Miami." (One of my conversations with a student during orientation) Lolly: a piece of candy or a sweet
"So no one feels left out, everyone can have a lolly." (During orientation after they gave away prizes) Beaut:Great or fantastic, also Beauty
"That was beaut." (From the Perthians at the BlackJack table in Luxor, when they got a Twenty-One.)
Strewth:Exclaimation of surprise, disgust or amazement.
"Strewth! I should've known better." (From the Perthians at the BlackJack table in Luxor, when their cards busted.)
4 comments:
Hi there! Lisa told me you moved to australia for grad school- that's so cool! That's such a huge life step- I'm impressed! and proud of you. I bet you'll do fantastic and have 500 friends by week 2. Your blog is really funny- i like reading it. I'm glad you found cheap student housing- it's nice to have extra money not being wasted on rent. I hope all is well and you're having a great time. Good luck with classes! (don't let those snobby mba students make you feel bad- you're so much cooler than them and you have actual real world experience in your field- they don't know shit besides how to type into their fancy calculators)
Isn't there some kind of country code or something? Can I just write a letter with that address and drop it in the mail?? I'll put like 3 stamps on it..since it's gotta go overseas. A cheesy gordita crunch is on the way!!
yay! can't wait to mail something, wonder how long it takes?
I wanted to let you know that i'm driving in the car with clay and he's whining about how you don't update your blog enough. We want to hear about the roommates!
Post a Comment