Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Going to Uni

I realize that I haven't said much about my school. So I will do so, briefly, here. The "uni" (aussie slang) I am attending is called University of Technology Sydney, better known as UTS. And I am working towards a post-graduate business degree in Event Management (of course!).

The picture above is of one of the buildings at the main "city campus". This building actually houses one of the libraries, coincidentally the same library I am typing this blog right now. I'm waving at you- can you see me?

Some facts about UTS:
- Approximate student population
of 32,000 students
- Majority of the students, close to a third, are in the business school faculty
- Business school is ranked in the top 10% of schools worldwide
- Hugh Jackman, the actor, received a BA in communications from UTS
- Nicole Kidman's father, Dr. Anthony Kidman, is on staff

This building is UTS's main tower building at the city campus. Not only is it the tallest educational building in Australia (at 32 floors), but it is also the ugliest (as reported by the Sydney Morning Herald, during an Oct 2006 poll).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nicole Kidman's dad is still young enough to work? Learn something new every day