Monday, February 9, 2009

Last Night in America

So, I've spent the last few months (more specifically the last few weeks) planning, organizing, packing and crossing things off my "to-do list"... and now time is up! Tonight is my last night (at least for awhile) in America and its a very strange thought.

What's stranger sti
ll is that I was actually able to get all my crap packed without having a nervous breakdown. Yes, I was able to fit, just barely, all of my clothes, shoes, school stuff, electronics and toiletries into the 4 allowable bags (2 checked, 1 carry-on, and 1 personal item). How is this possible you ask? I don't know either. I still feel, even with 171 pounds of luggage including 16 pairs of shoes, that I am forgetting something. What could it be? I guess I will find out when I actually get there.
I already said goodbye to Austin, and I'm actually sitting in a hotel in Los Angeles right now. I flew in earlier with my mom and little sister. For my last dinner we went to Santa Monica pier and had Mexican food and Margaritas. As I was looking out onto the Pacific Ocean I realized that probably the next time I look out onto the Pacific it will be from the other side of the world, looking towards California. Weird!
I will be leaving to Sydney tomorrow night... scary!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mon!

Thinking of you (and that awfully long plane ride) today. I downloaded the g-mail chat program, which is as close as I can get to being in the iChat club without buying a new computer, so let's chat if you can when you get set up in Sydney. Hope the first days of your Austrialian adventure are wonderful!

XOXO,
Lisa


PS Watch out for wildfires!