Luckily I made the last minute decision, while packing, to bring an umbrella with me because today it rained in Sydney. Unluckily, I woke up late for orientation today and the rain did not make my travel easier. I missed the bus that takes me from the train (subway) to campus and the next one wasn’t coming for an hour. I heard that the walk to campus was only about 20 mins and I kind of remembered the directions from the bus ride yesterday, so I decided to walk in the rain to campus. Huge mistake!
When I finally got to campus my pants were drenched almost to the knees (I was wearing flip-flops), my new leather purse had changed colors from green to black, I was sweaty because I walked uphill the entire way and it took a lot of effort to keep myself from slipping out of my plastic shoes, and my hair had now grown twice its size from when I left the hotel. So much for straightening my hair this morning!
Needless to say I was not at my best and my orientation session (called “Study Success”) was really lame, so I decided to blow it off. Instead I went to the library and did some research online.
The good part of my day was I finally got a new cell phone, sorry mobile phone (no one calls it a cell… what an American!). Also I stopped in a pub and had my very first Australian beer, called Hahn (recommended by bartender). Sure it was lonely sitting in the pub alone at a table surrounded by couples and groups of friends, but I survived and the beer was excellent!
Sydney Tip #3: There is no sales tax in Sydney, the price on the label is exactly what you pay. That's nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ironic that you were late to a class called Study Success. =)
Post a Comment