Friday, February 20, 2009

Finally... a Place To Live!

You know how one of the best parts about going on vacation is getting to stay in hotels? Well, after about a week that novelty began to wear off for me. I am SO sick and tired of digging in my suitcase to find clothes, always having to pack up everything I own before I leave my room in case the housekeeper comes in, eating take-away for every single meal and wearing smelly clothes because I have no washing machine. But I guess what I'm most sick of is looking for a place to live.

So far I have visited four different flats that have rooms available for me. They were all nice and one that I really liked, but its just taking forever. They have more people to show the flat to, or it won't be available for awhile, or whatever... and meanwhile I am spending a small fortune to finance my hotel living. So needless to say I have become very frustrated with the whole thing.

So you can imagine my delight when I found out yesterday that I was accepted to student housing- just like I'd originally planned. I sent the housing office a desperate email the other day and they just had a cancellation so they offered it to me. It works out kind of great because it is below my budget, I will have my own room and I will be sharing with three other UTS students. The housing adviser told me that they are all Australian and there are two boys and another girl. And I move in on Monday... which is kinda perfect!

The only thing I am really worried about is that they are all undergraduate students... so I am not sure what it will be like living with 18 year olds again. But hey, it could be fun and will make me feel young again... or I could end up being the "mother-figure" to these kids. Me, mother-figure? ...Doubtful!

Some other good news: I got into all my classes and am now officially enrolled. I only have classes on Monday and Thursday (two each day), so I will have to figure out what I'll be doing the other five days, but its all working out as planned. So far so good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay, housing with aussies! can't wait to visit