Sunday, April 5, 2009

Jelly Shots

This weekend was my friend Jackie's 24th birthday, so for her party we decided to be true "college kids" and make Jello shots... of course in Australia Jello is actually called Jelly so I guess they would be "Jelly Shots".

On Saturday we pre-partied at Jackie's house. One of her housemates is actually American, from Denver, but he speaks in this faux-Australian accent that is quite strange. True, he has been living here for several years so perhaps it is an unintentional thing... I mean there are some words that I always want to say because I hear them so often, but I always manage to stop myself so I don't come off as a poser. Words like reckon ("Which beer do you reckon is the best?"), and brilliant ("The dessert at the restaurant is brilliant"), and my personal favorite greeting which I could never bring myself to say..."How ya going?".

But anyway Saturday was fun, after the house party we went to Darling Harbor to some club/bar. Here are a few of the party girls:
By the end of the night my feet were in so much pain! In fact they still hurt a little now. I guess with all the flip flop wearing my feet have forgotten the tortures of being in heels, and have gone soft on me. I need to remedy that quick!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The girl on the left has the straightest teeth I've ever seen! Also, yay jelly shots!