Monday, June 29, 2009

Book Crossing

Several weeks ago I went to the movie theater in Sydney and while we were sitting in this lounge area waiting for it to start, I noticed a lonely book on one of the chairs. Upon closer inspection, I saw that the book had a sticky note on it that said "I am not lost - Please read me - Details inside - www.BookCrossing.com". Very mysterious! Inside the front cover was a sticker that read:

Howdy! Hola! Bonjour! Guten Tag!
I am a very special book. You see, I am traveling around the world making new friends. I hope I've met another friend in you. Please go to www.BookCrossing.com and enter my BCID number (shown below). You'll discover where I've been and who has read me, and can let them know I'm safe here in your hands. Then... Read and Release me! BCID: 688-7254327

I thought this was a cool concept so I took the book home with me. The book itself was just okay- very predictable and I read it all in one night. But I wanted to contribute to it's international profile. So I brought it with me to Hawaii and left it at a Starbucks for someone else to read. You can follow the book online too, however it turns out that I was only the second reader so it doesn't have a very exiting life so far.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder how many bookcrossing books have been left in starbucks around the world. There's probably policies against such things. But glad you could contribute!

AD said...

That's great! Maybe it will make it's way to D town :)

Unknown said...

This post was way too long. Who are you. I won't set his name bc might show up lle poltergeist but keep I shorter. Ps miss you bitch!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I'm just now reading my last post, which I vaguely remember posting via my phone. I promise to never again post on your blog wall while drinking.