I am totally done with my first semester of school! Yay!!
I had my last final exam on Friday night at our remote campus which is a twenty minute train ride from home. As soon as we finished, Jackie and I wanted to celebrate immediately so we bought some gin & tonics from the closest bottle shop and drank them from brown bags at the train stop. This, of course, is totally illegal (as is drinking on the train- which we did too), but we decided if we were caught we would just play ignorant. We didn't care because we were done!!
So now I have a month and a half of no school and no studying! Even more exciting than that is ... (wait for it) ... I AM COMING HOME!! ...Well sort of. On Friday, I am going to meet my family in Hawaii for a few days. So technically I will be on American soil, and any place that has Taco Bell is like home to me. (And yes, I've already looked it up and there are two Taco Bells on the island!) So I am very excited about seeing the family and feeling the hot summer sun on me! Five days and counting... yay again!
When I told my roommate about my plans his response was "Fair Dinkum?" (see Dingo Lingo). I laughed at him and told him I didn't think Australians really said that phrase!
I had my last final exam on Friday night at our remote campus which is a twenty minute train ride from home. As soon as we finished, Jackie and I wanted to celebrate immediately so we bought some gin & tonics from the closest bottle shop and drank them from brown bags at the train stop. This, of course, is totally illegal (as is drinking on the train- which we did too), but we decided if we were caught we would just play ignorant. We didn't care because we were done!!
When I told my roommate about my plans his response was "Fair Dinkum?" (see Dingo Lingo). I laughed at him and told him I didn't think Australians really said that phrase!

2 comments:
i dont approve of this illegal activity! but congrats on finishing semester!
Woo Hoo, that's awesome! And yes, you are officially a WINO! :)
Post a Comment