My beautiful Mac is still in the hospital and truth be told I have been very lonely without it. So you can imagine my delight when I got a message from Josh at the Apple Store telling me to call him back for updates. Unfortunately, my delight was very quickly squashed when the first thing Josh said was, "I don't have great news for you!".
In my original estimate they were just going to replace the touch-pad and the exterior casing, which was already going to cost a small fortune. But apparently they did a diagnostic test and found out that the damage was much worse inside the hard-drive. Josh was trying to explain it to me, but I didn't understand all his fancy computer-lingo... so I can't be exactly sure what was wrong, but he just said that there was a lot of liquid inside and that typically this will erode the hard-drive over time. And that he definitely recommends replacing this.
I told him that it doesn't sound like is going to be a cheap fix.. and he said it would cost approximately the same amount as I originally paid for my brand new 15" MacBook Pro... EIGHT MONTHS AGO!!! As you can imagine, I immediately started crying, on the phone to this IT-stranger... oh and I was at work too (but luckily no one was around).
Was I supposed to get travel insurance on my computer because Josh seemed quite taken aback that I didn't have it. But when he realized I was weeping on the other side of the line, he tried his best to make me feel better, by telling me that I could maybe sell the old computer on Ebay since the LCD screen didn't have any damage. Thanks! Oh, and he said he wouldn't charge me for the $100 diagnostic fee, and would try to clean out as much liquid as he could. I'm so glad I wasn't in the store when I heard this news... although maybe they would have just given me a computer since guys are so awkward around crying girls.
I am SO incredibly upset, I think I could start crying again if I think about it much more... I can't believe I am such a idiot!
Oh, a brighter note... it is official! My sis is coming to visit me next month which I am extremely excited about. This conflict of emotions is quite unsettling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Awe, I am so sorry about your computer, I would've cried too :( That sucks so bad! I'm happy your sis is coming, she will make it all better! :)
Oh Mon, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. I've been checking your blog everyday in hopes of a good doctor visit. Just know you're in our prayers! Love you!
Hmm, guess that student discount on the Apple Care turned out not to be such a good deal.
On the upside I hear your sister may be bringing you a new Mac!! Fingers crossed!!
Uncross those fingers! I'm bringing you something better than a new Mac... a new PC! Complete with a garbage bag to protect it from "daily wear and tear." Excited to see you soon!
Post a Comment