Thursday, June 4, 2009

Social Suicide

This week I have been spending many long hours and late nights studying for my upcoming accounting final exam, which is taking place this Saturday. And since I usually just spend all day in the library or at a friends house with my face in a book, I have not made much of an effort to look my best as I typically would if I had class or something.

So I came home from the library the other day, and truth be told I hadn't showered, I was wearing no make-up, and dressed slightly homely, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised when my roommate's friend, who is always over, saw me and said, "Monica, You're looking very..."

"Lesbian?", I helped.

And she said, "I didn't want to say... (ha ha)... I just mean usually you're dressed up when I see you. And now you're wearing runners (tennis shoes) with jeans"...(gasp!).

Uh, since when is that a problem? So then my two roommates both turned and looked at me and Will said "You're definitely not supposed to wear runners with jeans, I learned that from Jerry Seinfeld". He said I was committing social suicide, and Jen agreed.

Huh? No one told me!! I am so sure I have seen other people wearing sneakers with jeans, like maybe Britney Spears... and if you're telling me Britney is not a fashion icon I won't know what to believe anymore!! :)

2 comments:

AD said...

LOL LOL, this was a great post!!!

Unknown said...

OMG! Why is your life so amazing? Love me some morepinks!

Best.Post.Yet.