Sunday, June 14, 2009

What Does Australia Have Against Grapes?

Did you know that the purple colored Skittle in Australia is black currant flavored? I just bought a tiny bag (for $4) and noticed that the purple ones were really dark... almost black. And they tasted weird.... very currant-y. That's when I noticed the flavor on the back of the bag and realized that Australia loves black currant. I can never find grape juice in the stores (or cranberry for that matter), but there are always a bunch of black currant juices. What is a black currant anyway?

Maybe grapes aren't popular here because they only sell the kind with seeds in them. No wonder nobody likes them... too annoying to eat. Which makes me wonder, how does America take the seeds out of the grapes? Who cares... thank goodness they do! Also I've noticed that Australia loves figs. They are everywhere too... Very strange fruits.

PS- I am desperately trying to avoid studying. I am so over this semester! Two more tests and five more days to go!! Maybe I should clean my room now... that will motivate me to want to study- right?

No comments: