Tuesday, June 9, 2009

God Save The Queen!

Yesterday was a public holiday in Australia, it was the Queen's Birthday. And apparently theres a 'game' you're supposed to play where you drop a dollar coin (or a British pound) with the queen's picture on it, into a pint of beer. Then someone says 'God Save the Queen', and you chug the beer as quickly as you can. I'm not sure if this game is specific to the Queen's Birthday holiday, but either way I didn't get to play... so maybe another time.

But I did get to go to dinner with Lisa and afterward we went to Circular Quay to check out Sydney's Vivid Light Walk. It is a part of Smart Light Sydney that showcases art sculptures and installations that use innovative and smart technology. There were some cool pieces, but the best part was definitely the last stop where they light up the sails of the Opera House in all these cool patterns. Unfortunately I couldn't get great pictures pf this because I apparently don't know how to take pictures at nighttime. But check out the slide show below anyway...

No comments: