This week has been so cold!! Right now it is 8 degrees outside, okay that is in Celsius, but still that's like 46 Fahrenheit. I am SO cold in my room and have no thick blankets!! Last night it even snowed in the Central Western part of NWS. Who knew it got cold in Sydney? Not me...
Anyway, as I've mentioned before I'm always so paranoid that I will accidentally lock myself out of my bedroom, and today I finally did it! It happened after I got out of the shower... I was making myself some food and my bedroom door, which was cracked open, mysteriously slammed closed- automatically locking it and leaving me with no key! Fortunately I was wearing pajama pants and a top, unfortunately I was not wearing anything underneath (if you catch my drift), nor was I wearing any shoes.
Now, the procedure in situations like this is that you're supposed to go the security office so they can issue you a temporary key. Simple enough right? Well here are my problems:
1). The security office is in the main building of campus which is at least a five minute walk on a very busy street.
2). I have no jacket, or shoes... to name a few things... and I am cold even inside my apartment
3). My hair is wet from the shower and I am pretty sure I will get pneumonia if I step foot outside
4). None of my roommates are home to help me
So I had to wait around in the living room for a few hours (which allowed time for my hair to dry) until Will got home. He lent me his shoes and jacket so I could finally go to security, get into my room and get on with my life. What a mess!
Silver Lining: During my 'house-arrest' I did get to watch Oprah which was about celebrities who have battled with major medical issues (ie. Montel Williams and MS), and heard a great quote which I will share now: "Without the bad times, the good times wouldn't mean a thing!"
Anyway, as I've mentioned before I'm always so paranoid that I will accidentally lock myself out of my bedroom, and today I finally did it! It happened after I got out of the shower... I was making myself some food and my bedroom door, which was cracked open, mysteriously slammed closed- automatically locking it and leaving me with no key! Fortunately I was wearing pajama pants and a top, unfortunately I was not wearing anything underneath (if you catch my drift), nor was I wearing any shoes.
Now, the procedure in situations like this is that you're supposed to go the security office so they can issue you a temporary key. Simple enough right? Well here are my problems:
1). The security office is in the main building of campus which is at least a five minute walk on a very busy street.
2). I have no jacket, or shoes... to name a few things... and I am cold even inside my apartment
3). My hair is wet from the shower and I am pretty sure I will get pneumonia if I step foot outside
4). None of my roommates are home to help me
So I had to wait around in the living room for a few hours (which allowed time for my hair to dry) until Will got home. He lent me his shoes and jacket so I could finally go to security, get into my room and get on with my life. What a mess!
Silver Lining: During my 'house-arrest' I did get to watch Oprah which was about celebrities who have battled with major medical issues (ie. Montel Williams and MS), and heard a great quote which I will share now: "Without the bad times, the good times wouldn't mean a thing!"

3 comments:
see, undergarments DO come in handy at times :)
IT'S COLD THERE? You told me it was not cold during winter. Hmph. =/
This reminds of another quote. "is it destroyed?" -said with anxious disgust by Dairy Queen worker to Monica as she walks out of the ladies restroom. (were on the way to Austin and were reminiscing about past road trips) Miss ya!
Post a Comment